TANCADDIS.CA
THE BROOMSTICK CADDIS A caddis imitation made of calftail hair which has a durable high-floating wing profile….sometimes taken to be a mayfly pattern… The pattern features an indestructible wing of calftail hair…it is inexpensive to make and the materials required are readily available…. Developed in the early 1980’s on the Beaverkill River in Roscoe, New York …. Originally, I was making the elkhair caddis without counter-winding wire from the rear to the front to lock in the hackle... and that is the reason that trout teeth would eventually tear up the hackle and windings, so Idecided to leave it out. Then inspired by the current Swisher and Richards no-hackle style of dry flies, I thought to try no-hackle caddis…. That is how I became interested in the low profile style of fly…often I would observe trout drifting along with the fly, inspecting it, and then taking it…or sometimes they would refuse and short-strike or just drift away.. Mary Dette's Daily Fishing Condi...
Comments
Post a Comment